Skip to main content

Inked: Butterflies


About a month ago, I got a new tattoo, or shall I say seven new butterflies.


In its lifetime, a butterfly will go through many changes. From the start, it's a caterpillar, and then it grows to a butterfly; it eventually flies away to many places.


Much like me. I've been through so many changes in my life, and I've been to many places.

When I heard the song, "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd, I knew I that the song had to be the theme to my tattoo, except, I couldn't find the bird I wanted permanently inked to my body.  I'm not really a fan of birds- but- I love butterflies so it fit.
The colors are perfect, purple, black and white; and I put it on my right side thigh, there's hope that there may be more below or above it one day.


In my last blog, "Inked" - I admitted that my young niece didn't want me to get a tattoo. I've yet to tell her that I have these butterflies. I may tell her this weekend when I see her - or I may wait a little longer. I won't hide the secret, but, I won't draw attention to it either.



Comments

  1. The only difference being, a tattoo will never change--but I do like the reminder. That's the one constant in life, change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, I sincerely appreciate it! I agree, the tattoo is permanent and that's part of my proof that I can handle some consistency in my life! I can be committed! =) =)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, weird things are happening! I'll try to recreate my previous comment! I basically said that when I was going through my divorce in my 30s and single for the first time, butterflies were my symbol. I had a necklace and some decorations around my office, but if I would have gotten a tattoo, a butterfly would have been it! I love yours...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Butterflies are so beautiful, I never get bored with them. =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

War on Fitness: Never Give Up

Never Give Up The worst decision you'll ever make is to give up on yourself. That includes your health. So many people misunderstand the fitness industry, they assume that fitness is just a leisure hobby for the young, single and rich. The internet has done a lot to inspire many, yet, where there's good, bad is one step behind. For every good deed you do, there's a critic. Sure, the internet is filled with a lot of false information; or contradicting information-- but that's not an excuse to give up on taking care of yourself. Despite political opinions on the health care coverage, we now have insurance to help us in a few different ways, and how we choose to use the help to our advantage is our responsibility. There are far too many ways to stay in good health, and there is a unique way for each of you to stay on top of your own health goals. Do not do what others do. It is a mistake to believe that if I can do this- so can you. Your life is different than mi

Inked...

Ever wonder why some people have tattoo's all over their body? The truth is, once you get one tattoo, you want a second and then a third. It's an addiction for some. For others, a tattoo is a personal symbol. I put my first tattoo is above my heart, and it's a banner of my late niece, Mercedes. I do not regret getting this tattoo, but, I can think of many different designs I could do with her name- and I may redesign the banner one day. She is above my heart because that is where she'll always be. Hers is the only name that'll ever have permanently etched in my skin. I've always known that I wanted a second tattoo, and I'd like to have it in time for my fortieth. Certain members of my family have expressed their strong opinions. My niece in particular. She is six, and her opinions matter to me, and I don't want to be a negative influence on her - but - when she told me her real reason for disapproval was because her "mommy said no," I had t