Skip to main content

Good Karma and Sweet Blessings

Though I am walking around with a broken heart, and tears of rage are at the tips of my eyes, I have to admit that I've had some pretty good days this year. I guess 39 years old, best relates to the opening line of the novel "A Tale of Two Cities," written by Charles Dickens:

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”


My "Journey to Forty" has been filled with exciting experiences; some were planned, others were not. Either way,  I will not forget this year for a long time. Only five more months to go before I turn the  big 4 0.

I don't want to count down the months, weeks or days- but- it's a little hard to do when you've got big plans for the future.

I'm grateful for good karma, and should count my blessings. I have no shame sharing those with you. If you've followed me on social media since the MySpace, and PNN days of blogging, and my NASCAR days of journalism and stuck with me during my fitness crazed days- then you are amazing! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you're new to my blogs, welcome to my wonderful, adventurous life filled with happiness and sadness and angst, and mostly my opinions. I'm not politically correct, but, I'm polite and respectful!

I'm thankful for a good paying, steady day job, and the apartment I live in. Both of these have been a weird blend of headaches, heartaches and comfort. Fortunately, the good they offer outweigh the bad.  I have an income, and place of my own. I'm also thankful for my car, and I'll save that blog for another day! Yes, I'll dedicate an entire blog to my car that I've yet to name.

My trip to California was the best week - just simply the best vacation.  I've shared some of those days, and I've kept some of those experiences to myself.

This has been the year of concerts for me. I once joked on instagram that this summer is like 1989 all over again, except this time I'm old enough to drink beer, and my tattoos are real. Oh, and MTV doesn't play music videos.
In July, I saw a short Bret Michaels show in Loudon, NH. He was the opening act before the NASCAR race. The pre-race concerts are all short, perhaps four or five songs long  - and it's good enough. I guess.

On September 17th, I saw Faster Pussycat. An eighties sleaze rock band that I once loved. They were my first concert in 1990- when they opened up for Motley Crue during their Dr. Feelgood Tour. In a few short weeks-I'm going to see the Crue.

Tonight was one of the better days of my "Journey." I saw Madonna in concert. It's been a life long dream of mine to see her, and like my trip to California - I don't know why I waited so long. It was worth the money, and I was fortunate enough to sit in a sweet section.  I sang, I danced, and I cried.

It's hard to believe that in less than one year, I've visited Quebec City, Montreal, New England, Charlotte, Hollywood, Downtown LA, Venice/Manhattan/Hermosa/Rodondo, Huntington, and Laguna Beaches.

My personal life has been filled with blessing and heartaches - but- I won't mention those until I get permission from my relatives whom are directly involved.

I also want to mention that I did finish my novel- and started on my second draft. I will only admit that editing is harder for me, than it is to create the story.

I'm excited for the future. I fear the future. But, I promise to continue to live my truth- and to be real. To focus on the good- and on what can go right. To make bad days good- and the good days better!
I don't want to be another person, and I don't want to hate the woman I am.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inked: Butterflies

About a month ago, I got a new tattoo, or shall I say seven new butterflies. In its lifetime, a butterfly will go through many changes. From the start, it's a caterpillar, and then it grows to a butterfly; it eventually flies away to many places. Much like me. I've been through so many changes in my life, and I've been to many places. When I heard the song, "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd, I knew I that the song had to be the theme to my tattoo, except, I couldn't find the bird I wanted permanently inked to my body.  I'm not really a fan of birds- but- I love butterflies so it fit. The colors are perfect, purple, black and white; and I put it on my right side thigh, there's hope that there may be more below or above it one day. In my last blog, "Inked" - I admitted that my young niece didn't want me to get a tattoo. I've yet to tell her that I have these butterflies. I may tell her this weekend when I see her - or I may w

War on Fitness: Never Give Up

Never Give Up The worst decision you'll ever make is to give up on yourself. That includes your health. So many people misunderstand the fitness industry, they assume that fitness is just a leisure hobby for the young, single and rich. The internet has done a lot to inspire many, yet, where there's good, bad is one step behind. For every good deed you do, there's a critic. Sure, the internet is filled with a lot of false information; or contradicting information-- but that's not an excuse to give up on taking care of yourself. Despite political opinions on the health care coverage, we now have insurance to help us in a few different ways, and how we choose to use the help to our advantage is our responsibility. There are far too many ways to stay in good health, and there is a unique way for each of you to stay on top of your own health goals. Do not do what others do. It is a mistake to believe that if I can do this- so can you. Your life is different than mi

Inked...

Ever wonder why some people have tattoo's all over their body? The truth is, once you get one tattoo, you want a second and then a third. It's an addiction for some. For others, a tattoo is a personal symbol. I put my first tattoo is above my heart, and it's a banner of my late niece, Mercedes. I do not regret getting this tattoo, but, I can think of many different designs I could do with her name- and I may redesign the banner one day. She is above my heart because that is where she'll always be. Hers is the only name that'll ever have permanently etched in my skin. I've always known that I wanted a second tattoo, and I'd like to have it in time for my fortieth. Certain members of my family have expressed their strong opinions. My niece in particular. She is six, and her opinions matter to me, and I don't want to be a negative influence on her - but - when she told me her real reason for disapproval was because her "mommy said no," I had t